Friday, March 31, 2017

Update 2: Tate's Home!



Apparently I'm terrible at updates, because thankfully Tate is no longer in the NICU, and has been home since Monday! Starting Friday morning, Tate started eating all his bottles.  After 24 hours of eating everything from the bottle, the nurse took his feeding tube out and the nurses and doctors started talking about bringing in the car seat for the carseat test in order to bring him home! You know it's getting close to discharge day when the doctor talks about bring the carseat :)


By Sunday it was pretty clear Tate was going to be discharged on Monday, but they can't officially tell you that until the morning he'd be discharged.  The next morning I called and the nurse told me Tate would be ready to be discharged later that afternoon! Minor panic set in that not everything was ready for him to come home, but we figured it out and are still figuring it out.




Tate was in the NICU for 15 days, and has now been home for 4 days.  He needs to eat every three hours around the clock, and is on half breast milk and half special preemie formula for each feeding.  It's hard when all I want to do is nurse, but hopefully someday we can get to that point.  Till then, my breast pump is my best friend.
Mama's milk

Tate's first doctor appointment
Now weighs 4lbs 2oz!
Yep. We're exhausted.

 It also absolutely blows my mind that I have two kids.  Like really? These last few days I've been so nervous to be alone with both of them at the same time.  I've been SO lucky to have my mom here the last few weeks to help us out.  To those of you with two or more kids at home (especially two under two), you must seriously have super-human mom powers.  I'm hoping my super-human mom powers come in soon! I still can't imagine how he's still supposed to technically be inside of me.  Crazy!




I just want to say thank you to everyone for your support, prayers, beautiful gifts for Tate, and dinners  for our family.  We have been so in awe of God's grace during this crazy time in our lives, and have felt so blessed by so many people on this journey.  I have been brought to tears so many times by observing how God has been using so many people in our lives to come together to support us.  We are still on the long road to getting Tate nice and plump to get on those growth charts, but until then we are so thankful for God's timing on all of this.
Tate is the size of a Bitty Baby! 





No comments:

Post a Comment