Sunday, April 3, 2011

aye que bonita la cascada!

Today was another great day for being in the Dominican Republic. I'm going to tell you this right now....I'm SO antsy for spring break in two weeks and to go home in June. SERIOUSLY. However, today was a great reminder of how beautiful this country is and gave me peace of mind that this is where I'm supposed to be right now in my life.

Me, Jessica Stanley, and Melisa Gomez (two other friends/teachers at JCS) went hiking this morning to a waterfall near Pico Escondido (across from Younglife camp).  I had been hiking in this area earlier this year but we decided we would hike to the larger waterfall, basically following the river up the stream until we got to the waterfall.  We at first were complaining about how hot it has been getting lately (like, 90s now! Welcome to spring/summer in the DR), so we decided to lighten the mood and speak in British accents while we hiked. This then continued the whole time we were hiking. What a jolly good time it was!

Melisa, Jess, and me
Jess and I both had Nike shorts, Vibram shoes, and Camelbaks. We're so cool.














See the butterfly?


We made it!
We probably laughed the whole way up and down the river to get to this waterfall. These girls make life quite entertaining, and I am so thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment