Friday, February 25, 2011

twenty.four.

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. First of all, I cant believe I'm 24. So many things have happened this past year that have been life changing (like, the decision of coming to the Dominican Republic).  God had shown Himself in new ways while I was 23 and living in Hawaii again, and I'm thankful for all that has happened in life and who I've met and stregthened relationships with
Anyway, my first "Dominican" birthday was fun. My students have been talking about my birthday for months now, and they were so excited when the day finally arrived! One of my students made me a cheesecake with cherry topping (it was soooooooooo good), and others made cards and some gave small gifts as well. When it's someone's birthday in this country, it's tradition to get the person soaking wet with water....I think this is what my students were waiting for the whole time :) So, instead of having science class at the end of the day, we had a 3rd grade dance party, ate some brownies, and I let all the 3rd graders get me soaking wet. Here's some pictures!
   
It was Spirit Week, and Melissa
and I dressed up as twins for
twin day on my birthday!

All the 3rd graders getting me soaked!

3rd Grade Dance Party!













My aide, Rovian, thought it would be
fun to fill a bucket of water...

Little did I know, the water had ice and
paint chips inside of it...JERK.

...I still forgave him.


Me and the girls at Pizza &
Pepperoni for dinner :)
mmmm shrimp pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment