Sunday, August 29, 2010

Survived the first week :)

In church today they touched on Psalm 63. Something about this Psalm really spoke out to me... "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands...."  I really felt God at church today. The worship was amazing.  Don't you love that feeling?

Anyway...
So, i am officially a third grade teacher, and survived the first week of school! Last monday on the first day of school, i almost freaked out in my head and was like "oh my gosh. i am in charge of teaching these kids and preparing them for fourth grade/life for the next YEAR..." things like that. Then i calmed down and started having fun.  i absolutely LOVE teaching. I really think this is my calling and what God wants me to do with my life. How awesome right? My kids are super energetic and hyper... especially the boys. It's funny and difficult, that these kids come from a very social culture, so they constantly want to talk to each other all the time - even more so than american third graders. It's okay though - nothing too big i can't handle!

Let's meet my kids...
Ezequiel

Geremy
Ismeldy
Alexander
Lisbeth

Cristofer

Juan
Mayreline

Rosaleen
Gabriel
Jennifer
Mario
So those are my kids! They're really good for the most part, just talk a lot. Aren't they cute? haha

Prayer requests:Please pray for the health and safety of me and my kids.  It seems like something is going around already, and to get sick right now would not be fun.  Also, one of my coworkers is about 11 weeks pregnant, and has been in and out of the hospital this weekend for having a fever of 104.  Please pray that she gets better soon and everything is okay with the baby!

3 comments:

  1. Jess it's great to see pics of your students! I know you are an amazing teacher. I'll be praying for you, your kids, and your coworker. Blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know how I found this but I look crazy young here. Time really flies. ~Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how I found this but I look crazy young here. Time really flies. ~Gabriel

    ReplyDelete